Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Registry AKA What we need.

Since many things we want/need can be found online for cheaper than in the stores, we decided to organize it all here. The downside is that there is no easy way of knowing what has already been purchased. I guess you could let my mom know at jbb170@hotmail.com or leave a comment. Always make sure gift reciepts are attached just in case.




  • Retract-A-Gate (since cats can climb traditional baby gates, and we want to keep them out of the baby's room.) Avaliable at http://www.retract-a-gate.com/prices-buy-retractable-safety-gate.html and we would be looking for the 52" gate for $89.99.


  • Clothes. Remember, this is a summer baby and we don't have central air. We don't know if it is a boy or a girl just yet, so gift certificates are nice too. Babies R' Us and Target are good, along with Macy's or Penny's. Some stores that other people seem to have are not around here.


  • Crib mattress pads (vinyl due to the cloth diapers) & sheets (2-4). Color doesn't matter.

  • Recieving blankets (4-6). Color doesn't matter.

  • A cool crib mobile (do we really need this?) It should have some black and white pieces since high contrast is interesting to babies (or so the website says.)

  • Baby monitor. Not picky as long as it works. And if it takes batteries, actually having the batteries would be nice.

  • cushoined changing pad. We plan on using the top of a dresser, though I think I may have found an actual changing table for free! Either way, we need the changing pad such as the Childcraft Safety-Change Contoured Dressing Pad avaliable at Target.com for $26.99. (It doesn't HAVE to be that one, but it gives you an idea of what we're looking for.) Plus we would need a couple changing pad covers. Color doesn't matter.
  • Diaper Pail (since we plan on using cloth diapers, we need one that has a tight fitting lid. Really, a plastic rubbermaid garbage can with a step-opening lid would work. Should be about 13 gallons, with a 53" circumfrence.) Color doesn't matter, but just not gray. White would be best.
  • Diaper Pail liners & wet bags. Color doesn't matter, but there are some cute ones out there! (I like the Planet Wise Reusable Wet Bags - size medium - for travel which is avaliable on www.cottonbabies.com (I like the Art Deco and the Dot Tastic), and the bumkins laundry bag - large - for a diaper pail liner which is avaliable at www.bumkins.com. I would need 2 of each and really, these do NOT have to be gender neutral. I like the flutterfloral and the blue paisley.)
  • 40 cloth diapers (prefold, flat diapers. You can buy these in Babies "R" Us or at a million different websites. Make sure they are cotton, hemp, or bamboo. I would reccomend http://www.cottonbabies.com/ and I like the indian prefold cloth diapers. Infant would probally be the best size, but it wouldn't hurt to have a couple premie depending on what size this baby is. The diapers cost $1-2 a piece.)
  • 6-8 diaper covers. Options include Bumkins , which are avaliable at http://www.bumkins.com/ just select diaper covers. I do prefer the pretty patterned ones. Small would probally be the best size for now, or perhaps a couple in other sizes. Also good would be Thirsties, which are avalaible at http://www.cottonbabies.com/ and we would need x-small and small to start. These come in nice gender neutal solids.
  • 6-12 inserts. Avalaible at http://www.bumkins.com/. You can get a 3 pack for $6 - $14 depending. All are good. At the same place you can find Snappies and flushable diaper liners which are very useful. Also avaliable at http://www.cottonbabies.com/)
  • 2-3 dozen baby washcloths (to use instead of wipes.)
  • baby towels (2-4)
  • Bibs
  • Breast Pump - I'm liking the sound of the Avent Isis Twin Electronic Breast Pump also called the Isis IQ. The key is dual and electric. You can get some good deals by shopping around on Amazon.com or Ebay.com. The plan is to nurse, but I still need bottles etc. for when I go back to work. Also need milk storage bags. With this pump you can pump directly into Avent bottles (BPA of course). And Lansinoh milk storage bags have come highly reccomended. If someone has a breastpump that is good that they are not going to be using again from August to December I would be happy to borrow it and return when I am finished.
  • Baby nail clippers
  • baby thermomator
  • stroller. Since we have the car seat, we would just need one like the Graco SnugRider Infant Carseat Frame avaliable at babiesrus.com for $69.99. What I like about this one is that the handles can be adjusted for people of varying heights.
  • diaper bag (Personally, I think I would rather pick this out myself.)
  • travel changing pad
  • baby sling. After checking out reviews, I like Kangaroo Korner All Season Adjustable Pouch avaliable at KangarooKorner.com. I am right hand dominant, and I'm between a medium and a large. I like the Juniper Paisley (black binding) which is currently on sale for $46.50. (Michael prefers the Baby Bjorn which we already have.)
  • Exersaucer like the Evenflo SmartSteps Exersaucer. Check out Amazon.com for the most variety and best prices.
  • Play gym/ Pay mat, like the Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Ocean Adventure Gym avaliable to Babies R us for $69.99. It got good reviews, and is adjustable for back time or belly time. The same can be said for the Tiny Love Gymini: Super Deluxe Lights & Music Play Mat avaliable at Babies R Us for $64.99.



No comments:

Post a Comment