Once we knew we were pregnant, the next step was to have it confirmed. There were just so many things that could go wrong, we didn't want to get our hopes up. So the doctor sent me for blood work. LOTS of blood work. I had to get blood drawn 3 times in 5 days to make sure my numbers were properly increasing. On day 4, after 2 blood draws, the doctor's office called to say, "Congratulations, you are very much definetly pregnant!" and I thankfully got to skip the third blood draw. We had a series of ultrasounds to confirm that there actually was a baby, and it was in the right place, and had a little heartbeat, and moved (it wiggled its little butt!) Then we were transfered over to the equally awesome Dr. Hebb (thank you Aunt Wilma for the reccomendation!)
We were still scared to tell people, but did finally fess up to immediate family over Christmas. (Nice timing, huh?) At this point I still didn't believe it was real, but did feel awfully sick. ALL the time. With constant eatting and avoiding certain foods (like poultry. What a strange adversion!) we managed to soldier through. I was pretty textbook. I mean, when the books said that nausea should start to subside, it did. When I should begin to feel XYZ symptom, I did. Meanwhile, Baby BL was getting bigger and healthier, just like s/he should. And I was running around going, "Do I look pregnant yet? How about now?"
By 12 weeks we told our employers and the flood gates opened! We lost control over who knew and who didn't and started assuming everyone knew (so sorry if you got a late message.)
But time was flying, life was busy, and next thing you know we are in the second trimester.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment